BEST QUALITY PACKERS & MOVERS IN THE WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA
Don’t dive in without a plan. Call us the first time you even consider moving, and we’ll help you schedule the whole thing. From the first time you look at a prospective new home to the final box you pack, we’ll be with you every step of the way. Whether you just need furniture movers or someone to pack you up and move you with storage in between, we’re the full-service moving company you need to uncomplicate the process of moving to a new home. After you fill out the form for a free moving quote, Nando’s Movers makes the jump easy. You’ll have your move priced, booked, and scheduled before you can say “Yar.”
It’s no accident we’re Maryland’s favorite local moving company. From the first box you pack to the final one we set down in your new home, we want to be your partner throughout the whole process. We know moving can be one of the most stressful events in your life, and we don’t think that’s how it should be. With us, you’ll get the peace of mind that comes with a new, clean place to live.
You don’t have to thank us. Just tell your friends!
Just moving around the area? Don’t worry. Nando’s Movers has the process of local relocation down to a science. We’ll plan out a route, and then help pack and transport your stuff into your new home smoothly — before you even have time to worry about it. We got you covered.
LONG DISTANCES MOVES
We can also move you anywhere in the lower 48 states, to or from Washington, DC. Everything will be handled by the same crew, in the same truck, in just a matter of days.
If you need anything when you move from one home to another, it’s peace of mind. Usually, the presence of a moving company is helpful, but some companies can complicate things. We don’t think this should be the reputation of our industry, so we go the extra mile to change that. We’re not here to add stress to your move; we want to take it away. Here’s how:
- We’ll help you plan and pack for your move so that when the long-awaited day arrives, you won’t have anything left to worry about.
- On your moving day, you can stop to relax and breathe with the kind of peace of mind that comes with knowing Nando’s Movers, LLC has everything under control, whether you’re relocating within Maryland or across the country.
- From beginning to end, we take pride in being a professional moving company with the ability to simplify the process of moving.
We hire only the most professional movers, and on your moving day, they’ll arrive on time and ready to work. We take great care with your belongings in moving them from one home to another.
If you decide you want to pack yourself, here are some tips!
- Get supplies: boxes, marking pens, bubble wrap, newspaper, tape, tissue, scissors and so on.
- Use strong boxes and containers that can be secured tightly.
- Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobe and other special items.
- Pack audio-visual equipment in original boxes. Label cables and tighten transit screws. If removing screws, tape them to the objects they are removed from.
- Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into one box.
- Label each box and indicate where it should go, if it is fragile and if it should be loaded last so that it will be unloaded first.
- Cushion contents with packing material such as bubble wrap, newspaper or tissue. Save room by using towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
- Pack books tightly on end in small boxes. If they smell musty, sprinkle talcum powder between the pages and wrap the book before packing. Leave stored for a couple of months to eliminate the smell.
- Have rugs and draperies cleaned before moving and leave them in wrappings for the move.
- Pack medicines in a leak proof container.
- Carry all valuables with you.
- There are some materials that movers are prohibited from transporting in the truck, so pack these items separately and set them aside: paints, oils, cleaners, chemicals, flammable or combustible items.
- Try to eliminate any empty space in the box with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Make sure that your boxes are taped and sealed – top AND bottom – so that they are stackable.